Minding Mummy Workshops
Minding Mummy was created as a safe space for mothers to learn new tools and techniques, and to mind their mental and emotional needs.
Motherhood is a journey and sometimes through the transition we can lose ourselves. We may become anxious, depressed and compare ourselves to other mums. We hide behind a mask, too scared to talk about our mental health in case we are judged.
Sometimes we need to understand why we are feeling this way and how to care for our mental health and emotional needs. Also talking to other mums and realising that they are feeling and thinking the same way can be a great support.
Minding Mummy’s Hopes
- Create an open and accepting atmosphere for discussing the role of mothering.
- Normalise the experience and expectations of mothering.
- Promote positive mental well-being.
- Help provide information about mothers’ mental health.
- Connect the wellness of a mother to the wellness of her children and family.
- Promote wellness around self-care.
- Meet with other mothers and enhance social support opportunities for mothers.
- Encourage seeking help for mental health complaints and illnesses.
- Encourage positive self-talk, alternative thinking patterns and develop new coping strategies that lower distress and improve decision making.
- Reduce the negative stigma attached to mental health.
- For all mothers to finish the Minding Mummy Workshop with a ‘Toolkit’ of new tips and techniques that will help improve and support their role as a mother and their mental wellness.
Minding Mummy Workshop details:
It is a CBT (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy) based workshop, made up of four modules, focusing on:
The Minding Mummy Workshop, is a three hour workshop. Upcoming dates to be launched soon!
If you would like further information or to be added to our mailing list, please submit name and email below and I will be in touch with all the details of our next workshop.